CKD mineral and bone disorder
Liaison Council: D. Haffner
Liaison ERA-EDTA: J. Bacchetta
Liaison ESCAPE network/4C-Study: Franz Schaefer
CME activity :
During in ESPN Porto 2014, CKD-MBD Master class
Proposed projects/activities :
1. Educational material for the ESPN website.
2. To develop European guidelines for the ³Assessment and treatment of CKD-MBD in children². In collaboration with EPDWG, that wrote the first European guidelines for children on dialysis some years ago.
- Guidelines for all CKD stages (before and after transplantation).
- Guidelines on ³dietetic management in children with CKD²
Planned observational studies :
1. Impact of substitution of vitamin D in case of low vitamin D levels on markers of CKD-MBD, the immune system and iron homeostasis “click here to see the study protocol”
2. New non-invasive diagnostic tools in CKD-MBD (biomarkers and imaging)
3. New strategies in hyperphosphatemia management (dietary and P binder aspects)
Registry activities :
PPediatric European registry of CKD-MBD in pediatric CKD patients covering the full range of CKD (stage 2-5d). This will be done in close collaboration with pre-existing registries and observational studies, e.g. ESPN-ERA-EDTA-registry and the 4C-study.
CME CKD-MBD presented at the ESPN meeting in Porto 2014
You can reach CME credit ESPN WG presentations from ESPN members area!
Guidelines for diagnosis and management of CKD-MBD in children
The aim of the Society is to promote research knowledge of paediatric nephrology through teaching, scientific meetings and other methods, for the benefit of children with renal disease.
World Kidney Day activities in ESPN Centres
ESPN Research Grant 2014 ; the call is closed & the results were announced at ESPN General Assembly Meeting in Porto.
If you wish to join the PEDNEPH forum then e mail your details to firstname.lastname@example.org